While it is always about quality over quantity at Mr Perfect, some of our bigger community BBQs have attracted solid numbers of local community members.
However, we suspect that the vibe might be a little more raucous at these huge events.
Here is a rundown of the Top 5 Biggest BBQs in the World on the annual calendar (you guessed it, the US wins hands down):
- The Big Apple Barbecue Block Party in New York City is one of the biggest barbecues in the world, with over 100,000 attendees annually. This two-day event features some of the best pitmasters from across the country, serving up mouth-watering barbecue and sides.
- The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, also known as the Houston Rodeo, attracts over 2 million visitors each year, making it one of the largest events in the United States. In addition to rodeo events, the event features a massive barbecue cook-off, with over 250 teams competing for prizes.
- The Memphis in May World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest is another massive event, attracting over 100,000 visitors annually. Held in Memphis, Tennessee, this event features over 200 teams competing in various barbecue categories, including ribs, shoulder, and whole hog.
- The American Royal World Series of Barbecue in Kansas City, Missouri, is one of the largest barbecue competitions in the world, attracting over 70,000 visitors annually. In addition to the barbecue competition, the event features live music, a carnival, and a beer garden.
- The Jack Daniel's World Championship Invitational Barbecue in Lynchburg, Tennessee, is one of the most prestigious barbecue competitions in the world, with only the best teams from around the world invited to compete. While attendance is limited, the event draws a large online audience, with live streams and updates throughout the weekend.
Get to a (slightly more intimate) Mr Perfect BBQ by heading to our Facebook page here.